Friday, December 15, 2006

A reader (incidentally also a cartoonist) points me to this article about the Canadian with no pulse. In some sense this is my field of research bearing fruit. They've been using these left-ventricular assist devices for a while; what's new is that here it's pretty much a complete heart replacement rather than just an assist device. The group I work with a little is trying to make a right-ventricular assist device. There are limitations to these things, which is why I have a job, but it's still pretty amazing stuff.

2 comments:

Tree of Valinor said...

It has just sunk in that you are becoming Dr. Frankenstein. Maybe I should have been nicer to you when we were kids...

Tree of Valinor said...

How did you get those collapsible menu dealyboppers on the left sidebar? I want some!