Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Apparently I live in the laziest state in the country:

Louisiana, Mississippi, and Arkansas are in the Lower Mississippi Delta region, which is "very poor, has poor medical service, and is hot, humid, and has few opportunities for physical activity."
There's also this:

The challenges to getting people up and moving are complex. Outside the big cities is a dearth of public transportation, bike paths, and sidewalks.
As a resident of Louisiana's second biggest city, I would say that inside the big cities is a dearth of public transportation, bike paths, and sidewalks. Especially sidewalks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it ironic that you complain by the lack of sidewalks, yet you can go 3 miles in any direction from your house on them (by any direction, I mean LSU and downtown)

Anonymous said...

I also find it ironic that I comment on your blog when you are 15 feet away from me...